I adjusted the pattern back a little more to narrow it. No picture for some reason. I basically cut the pattern across the back about 3/4 of an inch below the armscyle, then took 1/4 inch off the fold and redrew the side to match.
I then added a shirt tail hem on both front and back.
For the pockets I just folded the side pieces at an angle about 12 inches from the bottom. I made a fancy top for the pockets but didn't photograph it. I'll add the picture to my next post since I used the same style pockets for the Knock off.
I added the elastic as I was sewing the facing so the ends are between the facing and front fabric. You can see the elastic under the facing in the pic with my hand. I sewed the front facing opening along that side only, then cut it apart and sewed up the other side.
Adding a modeled shot- sorry for the wrinkles I've been wearing it to bed.
And the back- definitely a better fit than the first.